AG Mednet employees have a passion for advancing technology in clinical research and having an effect in improving patient quality of life.
We have a direct impact on clinical research data. Our cutting-edge, patented technology has revolutionized the logistics around image data collection for clinical trials in pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies throughout the world. At AG Mednet, each employee has tremendous effect on day-to-day activities, the direction of the company, and its reputation. We have cultivated an open-minded culture built on straight-forwardness and integrity. Employee opinions are valued at all levels of the organization. This enjoyable work environment fosters a strong sense of camaraderie amongst all employees.
AG Mednet provides an environment that enables employees to succeed. Individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit are able to optimize their jobs and tailor career development initiatives to their specific skill sets.
AG Mednet is located in one of the best areas of downtown Boston Our offices are right on the Waterfront and within walking distance of Boston’s North End and Faneuil Hall. North and South Stations, as well as T stops are all a stone’s throw away from us. Additionally, the company has a best-in-class, comprehensive benefits package including 401K, PPO Health Plan, Life Insurance, Dental, vacation time, and numerous paid company holidays.
Job Opportunities: 3
Principal Software Engineer
- Identify, research, and incorporate new technologies and architectures that improve scalability and availability of the AG Mednet medical imaging network
- Turn customer blue-sky visions into product reality by establishing requirements, researching applicable technologies, and implementing the complete solution
- Mentor junior staff in architecture, development processes, coding, and documentation
- Consult with senior management on feasibility and practicality of new product concepts. Prototype such concepts as needed to drive product roadmap decisions
- Employ state-of-the-art engineering practices including Agile/Scrum and test-driven development
- Implement and enhance a Java based networked application to enable the exchange of diagnostic medical images and other clinical data
- At least 10 years of Java development experience, and 3-5 years current experience in modern frameworks
- Commercial release of products incorporating or run under the following technologies:
– Legacy: JBoss Application Server
– Current: Spring/Hibernate
- While no single product need utilize all of the above technologies, you must have released at least one product under/using each of the above
- Minimum of 5 years of designing database-based applications, with significant database management experience—PostgreSQL preferred
- Exposure to HTML5
- Strong software design and object-oriented programming skills
- Ability to write business and technical requirements and specifications clear to technical and non-technical people alike
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant field
The support team is a critical part of the current and ongoing success of AG Mednet. We are looking for talented professionals who can provide quality technical support to our growing customer base and internal teams. This position provides candidates with several advancement opportunities within our Quality Assurance, Development, and Operations teams.
- Apply technical and troubleshooting skills to resolve problems for clients around the world
- Assist with regular maintenance and management of AG Mednet devices and services
- Communicate with development teams about design, reliability, maintenance, and unexpected issues
- After hours on-call support
- Interface with several database environments to interpret data
Minimum Technical Qualifications
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills with Microsoft Operating Systems, and Mac OS
- Linux experience is a significant plus
- Knowledge of basic SQL and database structure
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Nagios and Monit
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Salesforce, JIRA, and RT
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as Xen or Virtualbox is a plus
- Reliable, well-organized, and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Possess excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal communication
- Dedication to continuous self-improvement in terms of efficiency of support processes and client satisfaction
- Previous employment in a HIPAA regulated environment is a plus
At AG Mednet, the Operations team works with clients to customize AG Mednet products to meet their needs. The primary responsibility of this position is the definition, configuration, testing, release and support of clinical trials on our network. Understanding AG Mednet’s products, the ability to provide expert advice, and basic troubleshooting skills are essential. Many of the problem scenarios require proprietary log analysis, broad problem-solving ability and some experience with relational databases. You must be articulate in both spoken and written English; fluency in additional languages is a bonus. You must be comfortable communicating with medical and pharmaceutical professionals at all levels.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- XML/Creating and modifying schemas and formulating regular expressions
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Business Rule Management Systems such as drools is a plus
- Experience with Relational Databases – PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, high-growth environment
- These are full time, permanent positions located at the company’s corporate headquarters right on Boston’s waterfront at 2 Atlantic Avenue
- All employees are eligible for the company’s comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life, AD&D and 401(k)
- Subsidized parking is available
- Walking distance to several MBTA subway locations, including North and South stations
- Relocation assistance is available to qualified candidates.
Please send your resumé to email@example.com and include the position you’re applying for in the subject.
Principals only. Unsolicited resumés submitted by third parties become the immediate property of AG Mednet, Inc.
Recruiters: You are invited to contact AG Mednet, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org to establish a relationship prior to submitting resumes. Please note that only development positions are eligible for recruiter compensation; support, operations, and sales positions are not eligible.
No phone calls please.